Instructions for BLDR
Objective: Be the first player to build your chosen BLDR structure.
- 54 playing cards (orange)
- 38 action cards (black)
- 16 building cards (yellow)
Each player chooses which BLDR structure they would like to build and places the four building cards to the side. Create a pile of action cards and a separate pile of playing cards and place the two stacks in between the players. Each player draws a playing card. The highest card goes first. Place playing cards back in the playing pile and shuffle. Deal 5 playing cards to each player.
How to play:
Begin your turn by drawing a playing card. Next, you may exchange sets for an action card or play action cards. Players may exchange as many sets or play as many action cards during their turn as they would like. The turn ends when the player chooses to no longer play. You may only have 8 playing cards and 8 action cards in your hand at a time. If you have more than 8 of either type of card, you must play or discard them. When all playing cards or action cards have been drawn, shuffle the discard pile and use them to continue to play.
The player who completes his or her BLDR structure first wins!
To speed play:
- 3 players: remove one robber and one wrecking ball
- 4 players: remove one robber, one wrecking ball and two policemen.
How to exchange sets for action cards:
A player combines sets of playing cards to exchange for action cards. A wild card can be used as any number or face card. Face cards are ranked in order from smallest equipment size to largest, i.e.:
- Bulldozer= queen
- Cement mixer = king
- 2 of the same number = 1 action card
- 3 of the same number or 2 of the same face card = 2 action cards
- 4 of the same number or 3 of the same face card = 3 action cards
- 5 of the same number or 4 or the same face card = 4 action cards
- 5 of the same face card = 5 action cards
- 6 of the same number = 1 building card
- 6 of the same face card = 2 building cards
- Run of 3 cards (ie., 2, 3,4) = 2 action cards
- Run of 4 cards = 3 action cards
- Run of 5 cards = 4 action cards
- Run of 6 cards = 5 action cards
Playing action cards
Action cards include money, robbers, wrecking balls and policemen.
- MONEY= These action cards range from $0 to $100 million and are used to buy building cards. To buy ad building card, place cards totaling the amount of the building card into the discard pile. Place purchased building card in front of you face up to begin to build the structure.
- ROBBER = Play into the discard pile and steal 2 action cards from any other player. These must be taken without seeing the value of the action card.
- WRECKING BALL – Play a wrecking ball into the discard pile and select a building card of your choice from any player to wreck. The wrecked piece returns back to the unpurchased structure card pile.
- POLICEMAN – Play one policeman into the discard pile to block a robber. Play two ppolicemen into the discard pile to stop a wrecking ball.